Wednesday, April 1, 2020

The Art of Musing With Prairie Pa


Okay. So I am pretty sure Prairie Pa is the only person out there losing weight and lowering his blood pressure. Today we are going to find out What Prairie Pa Would Do - instead of What Laura would do. Welcome back, Prairie Pa.

Prairie Eydie



Yesterday I stepped on the scale and found out I lost five pounds. I stopped weighing myself a couple of weeks ago. Always bad news. My philosophy: “Ignorance is bliss.”

I noticed that my charge card bills are much, much less than usual. Maybe half. Just not spending a lot of money.

Atalissa firefighter admits misusing department charge card | WQAD.com

I went to a doctor’s appointment yesterday (another story) and my blood pressure was 132/70, thirty points lower than my last visit.

Mary and I go on long walks around the neighborhood. Seems like we talk more. 

Could this new lifestyle of “sheltering in place” (who came up with that euphemism?) not be a completely “Ill wind?” Could I learn something from this? Should I change some things?

A plate of food on a table

Description automatically generated

I eat out all the time. I have my own booth at Chili’s and my own bowl at the All The-Chicken-One-Can-Eat Chinese Restaurant. Deserts, cookies, candy are a big part of my life. But this all stopped over two weeks ago. No more turtle sundaes at Culver’s. Mary stopped making goodies (not inviting people over) and church functions stopped (what is church without goodies?).

I love Menards, Lowes (We veterans get 10% off! Eat your heart out draft dodgers.) and Fleet Farm. Scared to go there now. Not driving much anymore so gas bills are down (not sure if this makes any difference. I think they are giving it away.). Eating out is expensive, so lots of money not spent.

What do I make of this? When this is all over, do I go back to my old ways? The Shadow - Wikipedia

As always: “Only the Shadow knows.”

The Rocket (aka Prairie Pa)




No comments:

Post a Comment