Saturday, April 18, 2020

BONUS: The Art of Musing with Prairie Pa


Prairie Pa and Prairie Eydie in simpler times.  
Okay. So I am pretty sure Prairie Pa is the only person both losing weight and lowering his blood pressure. Today we are going to find out "What Would Prairie Pa Do?" - instead of "What Would Laura Do?"

Welcome back, Prairie Pa.

Prairie Eydie

I used to eat out all the time.  I had my own booth at Chili's and frequented the local "All the Chicken One Can Eat" Chinese restaurant.  Desserts, cookies and candy were a big part of my life.  These goodies stopped weeks ago.
  
A typical Prairie Pa lunch pre-quarantine.
  • No more turtle sundaes at Culvers.
  • No more church functions that culminate in sweets.   (What is church without goodies?)  
Yesterday I stepped on the scale and found out I lost five pounds.  I had stopped weighing myself weeks ago, since it was always bad news.  My philosophy is "Ignorance is bliss."

I also went to a doctor's appointment yesterday and found out my blood pressure was 30 points lower than my last visit.  My wife and I go on long walks around the neighborhood.  It seems like we talk more.  

I am noticing my charge card bills are much lower than usual.  Maybe half the normal amount.  I love Menards, Lowes, and Fleet Farm.  I am scared to go there now.  I am not buying gas despite the fact that it is almost being given away.  

Could this new lifestyle of "Sheltering in Place" not be a completely "ill wind"?   

I am asking myself:
What do I make of this?
When this is over, do I go back to my old ways?



As always, only The Shadow knows.


Prairie Pa  (a.k.a. The Rocket) 












Can't get enough Prairie Pa?  Check out this previous Prairie Pa post. 
Prairie Pa and the Art of Change

4 comments:

  1. Prairie Pa, welcome back! At our home we have Italian gelato and fudge sauce delivered to our door. We are not losing weight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That is a thing? Perhaps I should have those "goodies" sent to Prairie Pa. :-)

      Delete
  2. Prairie pa, I loved your blog. You are a gifted writer as well. I enjoyed humor and I think you're going to keep all these wonderful habits that are forming during this crazy time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I asked Prairie Pa last night if he thinks he will continue his good habits post Covid-19 - - - of course he said, Only the Shadow Knows. LOL

    ReplyDelete