Friday, April 14, 2017

The Art of Aging - Bonus Blog

 
I have been pulling this stunt since I was a teenager.
NOTE:  My last blog discussed the good things about aging.  After posting the blog, I remembered a couple more "Yahoos" about aging.  (NO - it wasn't a "Senior Moment".  I hate that term and people should stop embracing it immediately.  Saying it doesn't make you look cute while you search for your glasses.)
 
Okay.  A few more pros of aging.
 
Admit it.  You do it too.
I now throw empty peanut butter containers in the garbage.  Skipping over the thirty minute task of washing it out so it can go in the recycling.  I will make up for my peanut butter container sins through composting.  Promise.  I have also been known to throw out sheets after my kids puke on them.  These are horrible, horrible things to admit, but doing them adds some sanity to my life.  Aren't sheets biodegradable?
 
Now that I am older, My hair is getting the attention it deserves.  I spend a fair amount to get my hair highlighted and trimmed.  Pricey eye brow wax?  Yes please - since it is the closest I will get to a face lift.  Over the years, I have saved money by coloring my own hair and waiting 5 months between hair cuts.  No more.  This did nothing for my self-esteem, people.  I want to get compliments, not uneasy stares.   
 
I wonder who was cutting Paul's hair? 
Gone are the days of having my college roommate cut my bangs.  Once she cut my bangs SO short, my neighbor compared me to Paul Simon, back when he was with Garfunkel.  (I guess my roommate either didn't allow for shrinkage or she kept trying to even the bangs out. )
 
Until next time,
Prairie Eydie
 

Maybe Paul was just going through his "Nero" phase.



7 comments:

  1. Oh, my God, I love you so for admitting these things! I think it's safe to say that we've all done something similar (I have been known to throw out plastic containers when they end up containing more mold than food), but how nice to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I could do a whole blog on leftovers and plastic containers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on throwing things out when they're too gross to deal with! I threw out the kids underwear when they were 3-4 and had accidents. When I did cloth diapers, we used and service and I never, ever dunked them in the toilet as suggested. Man, did the bin stink! I was an expert at opening and closing the ludicrously in a flash. Fortunately, my two kids have puked a total of <5 times, mostly in an appropriate vessel. Once, however, Katya puked on her bed. I took them outside and shook off the chunks and scrubbed them in the snow - in the FRONT yard! I go a little nuts when puke is around. Once, after D partied too hard on wine, whiskey, smoked fish and venison,I actually tried to vacuum the puke! Yeah... not a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stupid auto-correct. "Lid," not "ludicrous." And, I scrubbed sheets in snow.

      Delete
    2. I wish I could count the times my kids have puked on one hand. At latest count, I could only do that for the month of March. D owes you so much for cleaning up puke that involved smoked fish. His undying love and devotion is not enough. Weekly gifts of fresh flowers would be an okay start. Puke makes me insane too. I am kicking myself for not think of vacuuming up puke! You are on the cutting edge, Andrea.

      Delete
  4. Eydie, I ❤ you and absolutely everything about your blogs!! You make me laugh harder than Jenny Lawson. 😀
    And the Paul Simon comment? Seriously; I snort-laughed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a compliment! As you know, I love Jenny Lawson - "F" bombs and all. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete