Tuesday, August 1, 2017

The Art of Lists continued with Kristen Miller


NOTE:
If you haven't met guest blogger, Kristen, you need to!  Check out some past blogs before reading today's blog.  (For the technically challenged -  hover over text and then right click.)

THE ART OF LISTS STARBUCKS FRIEND
THE TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS

Enjoy!  Prairie Eydie



Hello Little Ranch House followers and friends!

After reading Prairie Eydie's glowing, albeit exaggerated review of my list-making prowess, I felt inspired to write this response.  It's mid-morning Sunday, and I have roughly 30,000 completely unrelated projects I hope to accomplish before bedtime.  Doable? Totally!  But first I need to make a list.  


Don't expect your dog to help you write  your lists.  But.  Feel free to add "walk dog" to any list.  
Prairie Eydie recently sent me this spectacular planner that I plan to use daily (as one tends to pledge whenever they receive a shiny, unblemished notebook).  The planner starts July 31, so I will keep you posted of my assured success.

List of required materials for effective list-making
1.  Adorable, clean notebook - Check!
2.  Ideal pen - Check!
3.  Things to get done - Obviously, Check!


The lists practically write themselves with these pens. 

Every list-maker needs fun pens!  Prairie Eydie demonstrated this beautifully with her rainbow list using Paper Mate felt pens - a necessity in any teacher's repertoire.  For fellow lefties, may I suggest the BIC Atlantis EXACT?

Instead of beating myself up for not completing my unrealistic to-do list, Eydie's post gave me the idea of selecting 3 - 5 actually doable tasks from the master list to complete today.  This approach will hopefully help me feel less overwhelmed and more accomplished at the end of the day.  So, here are my top-ten to-dos from my master list:

To-Do List:  Sunday July 30, 2017

Errands
1.  Ace Hardware - Buy paint, return light bulbs
2.  Target - Return book, buy school supplies to donate
3.  Mail - Graduation gift for Emilie
4.  Post Office - Mail four packages
5.  Grocery Store

To-Dos
6.  Send Prairie Eydie this surprise (aka - I didn't ask her if she wanted this) blog post
7.  Finish resume and cover letter, submit job application
8.  Set up AmVets pick-up

Chores
9.  Fold Laundry
10.  Dishes

If I can check of tasks six to eight today, I'm going to reward myself with . . . another task! I will use my super-fun one-step paint to cover up another piece of brown hand-me-down furniture.  I actually want to do that, so I'm saving it for last.  

love this notebook and write in it diligently for a couple weeks eMy new unicorn notebook reminded me of my fepful fit happens notebook that Prairie Eydie gifted me when we were practicing yogis and Starbucks friends.  (Eydie is big on grace gifts.)  I love this notebook and write in it diligently for a couple of weeks every time I decide that I’m ready to work out regularly again.

Note:  My last entry was on May 6, 2017.  Ooops.


Also note, inspirational quotes in notebooks = major plus!

And now back to checking off to-dos on this latest list! Good luck all you task checker-offers! Would love to hear your suggestions and stories!

The Honorary "Prairie Kristen"  


  

No comments:

Post a Comment