Saturday, November 12, 2016

Sick of Sinuses - Part II





Today marks week 10 of my chronic sinus infection.  I want to scoop my eyes out with a melon baller.  I want to explain, in detail, how the neti pot backs up behind my eyes.  I want to stay in bed and watch ALL the episodes of Gunsmoke.  (635 episodes; plus, a character named Miss Kitty.  My cat's name is Miss Kitty, so I already have a personal connection to the show.) 


I swear this ISN'T me and Diane.  I don't even own pink shoes.

I just came off a 5-Day-Predinisone-Blast (as in "a lot of prednisone" not "a whole lot of fun at one time").  For two and 1/2 glorious days I felt like myself. 
  • I made the kids dinner, not relying on my current standby of rolling up whatever was in the fridge in four tortillas. 
  • I went shopping with my friend and we behaved badly in Wal-Mart.  (as in "we bought way too many mismatched Pioneer Woman bowls" not "we got into a hair pulling gal fight in the shampoo section").
  • I returned to reading actual books (The Orchid Thief, by Susan Orlean) and not just listlessly flipping through Cooking Light magazine, imagining someone would show up at my front door with one of the featured "Amazing Weeknight Recipes"  (There was a Tortilla Soup that looked good.)
 
IT WAS A FABULOUS 2 AND 1/2 DAYS!
 
 
 
Sadly, with the exit of prednisone and antibiotics, my cranky sinus infection reappeared.  I just about lost my mind and wasted no time in drafting a survival plan.  Here is what I have so far:
 
  • Continue to invest in Himalayan Salt lamps even though there is no proof they are working. 
  • Direct my family from bed using a megaphone.  The kids will probably draw literary conclusions between me and those old people who always stayed in bed in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
  • Drag self to Costco to buy Turmeric capsules.  It might be a waste of 25 dollars but it also might be the best 25 dollars ever spent.  Bonus:  I can save money by eating Costco samples for dinner if I time my visit right.
  • Give myself permission let "Clean House Standards" fall even lower.
  • Come to terms with the fact that Fall yard clean-up will not be happening this year.
I suppose I could take up knitting or rug hooking.
 
I am off to Urgent Care to see what they have to say about my sinus situation.  Meanwhile, my friends, be well and keep those sinus cavities irrigated.
 
Eydie
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment